Monitoring Systems on Linux
6 000 UAH2 weeks 4 lesson
09:00 - 21:00Mon, Wed
Start of the course17.12.2020 yr
The system administrator must make everything work. If something doesn't work, then it needs to be fixed. How do you find out what exactly isn't working? Monitoring will help us here.
If the administrator owns several monitoring tools, he can know in advance about abnormal processes or key events at his facilities. In this course, we will teach you how to properly and efficiently configure monitoring tools.
What do you need to take the course?
What you need to understand: text editors, user and group management, file and directory rights management, extended rights standards, process management, network configuration, DHCP configuration (both server and client) based on Linux
Iptables, proxy, troubleshooting network connections, protocols for transferring data over the network, package managers, obtaining information about the versions of installed programs and packages available for installation in the repositories, installing and configuring database servers, installing and configuring web servers.
System monitoring utilitiesLecture
Utilities top, atop (+ in daemon mode), htop, iotop, bmon, iptrafPractice
Receiving data from system monitoring utilities, searching and installing utilities, interpreting the received data.
Munin monitoring systemLecture
Purpose of use and use cases of Munin. How Munin works, the main components of the system.Practice
Installation and configuration of Munin server, addition of nodes to monitoring, installation and configuration of the additional plugins.
Cacti monitoring systemLecture
Purpose of use and use cases of Cacti. System components, principle of operation of Cacti.Practice
Installation and configuration of Cacti server. Addition of hosts to monitoring, interpretation of the received data.
Zabbix monitoring systemLecture
Purpose of use and use cases of Zabbix. System components, how Zabbix works.Practice
Compiling Zabbix with the necessary components, installation and configuration of Zabbix frontend. Addition of hosts, connection of the monitoring templates, set up of triggers
Set up of an office router server from scratch.
Have you already seen our courses?
You will definitely find what you need 😊
At the end of the course the student will know
- principles of operation of monitoring utilities from the command line, a list of the main utilities and their scope of
- how network monitoring systems work: basic utilities and where they are used
- components of Munin monitoring system, scope, system capabilities
- components of Cacti monitoring system, scope, system capabilities
- components of Zabbix monitoring system, scope, system capabilities
At the end of the course the student will be able to
- use the built-in utilities from the command line and find the causes of system malfunctions
- install and configure Munin, implement additional plug-ins for monitoring services, interpret the data obtained from the charts
- install and configure Cacti, connect additional hosts and switch ports, interpret the received data from the graphs
- install and configure Zabbix, add hosts to Zabbix for monitoring, connect templates for different server groups, configure Zabbix triggers